Monday, May 12, 2014

Blog 21: Mentorship

Content:

Literal:

Link is on the side of my blog labeled mentorship log hours under the heading mentorship.

Contact Name: Oscar Holzmeister
Mentorship Place: There isn't one place we work at because we travel to different cities every single time I do mentorship.


Interpretive

What is the most important thing you gained from this experience? Why?

The most important thing that I gained from this experience is all of the information that I know about Cellular Networks. Since I would like to pursue a career in engineering, mentorship at T-Mobile as RF Field Engineer has taught me alot about how the cellular network functions, and it's a good first step to take towards learning what it's like to be an Engineer. From the cellular networks I will be applying what I learned to my future college courses and maybe even career, since I will try to major into something related to the smartphone industry. Obviously, I am not an expert towards knowing everything about the cellular networks, but from most of my knowledge, it's always good to know the basics.

Applied

How has what you’ve done helped you to answer your EQ? Please explain.

From my firsthand experience with troubleshooting Radio Base Stations I have come up 3 stable answers to my EQ. My three answers have to do with software, hardware and power issues in the RBS, and from these you can troubleshoot the cellular network in a city. For example, my first answer focused on power issues in the RBS, and I had come up this answer due to the many experiences I have had to deal with power issues in the RBS. 
In my second answer, I asked my mentor if he would provide me with any sources for research and in response he handed me a handbook called, RBS O&M for T Mobile Modernization by Ericsson. He told me that this handbook would explain all the type of issues that occur in the cellular network. And the first thing that I had read were all of the different types of hardware's in an RBS and what type of issues could occur within the hardware of an RBS. This is how my I came up with my second answer towards my EQ.
For my last answer I had a pretty hard time coming up with software issues. I wasn't sure if this was a good answer, because I had first come up with this answer through a few mentorship experiences that I had done. To assure myself of this answer, I asked my last interview what he thought were some issues in an RBS, and from his response he had mentioned "software problems" and that is how I came up with my third answer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment