Thursday, April 24, 2014

Blog 19: Independent Component 2

Literal


(A) “I, Facundo Holzmeister, affirm that I completed my independent component which represents 30 hours of work.”

(B) My Mentor, Oscar Holzmeister, helped me complete my independent component 2.

(C) Independent Digital Spreadsheet link is under the Mentorship Log link.

(D) I have dedicated 30 hours of my mentorship to my independent component 2. I believe that I have gained more knowledge about Radio Based Stations than I did when I completed my first independent component. I assisted my mentor with troubleshooting RBS around many different cities. I have experienced hardware issues, software issues, data issues, and power issues. I have learned to analyze cables and check if they are in good condition, replace damaged hardware within the internal and external components of the station, and have learned to upgrade the software or install new software into the RBS remotely.

Interpretative

Testing the signal speed for a New RBS just recently installed.

Checking a set cables to an antennae
to see if it's receiving proper power.

The radios to a Radio Base Station that we had to analyze
and upgrade the software to because it was out of date.

Power problem with the AC Unit, due to someone standing
on this cable and tearing it apart.

My mentor trying to access the key for the
apartment building because the RBS was in the basement of
this building.

Updating the software within the RBS.

This program shows us what problems their are in an RBS,
and in this RBS their was three hardware problems.

The location to an RBS was within these walls.

The antennae to an RBS was located within this building.

Applied

During my experience of my independent component 2 I have learned much more about RBS and all of the different problems that an RBS can have. I gained alot of experience during a training that I had to do with my mentor because I had been taught by one of T-Mobile's top engineers, and he explained how an RBS works, the entire spectrum of T-Mobiles network and issues within the RBS that occur every so often, such as software and hardware issues. From this I knew how to find more research on my topic, and how to better answer my EQ with my second and third answer. I also had to install new software to an RBS that was just built into the area, with the help of my mentor and from this I had come up with my third answer. I understand how the cellular network fully works and how I can improve my research.

No comments:

Post a Comment